Monday, March 15, 2010

Worry.




"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

--Matthew 6:25-27

I had an overwhelming feeling in my heart today, as there seems to be areas in my life that seems really uncertain.  Areas that are causing worry and are unsettling to me.  I needed to know that God had not forgotten me, and He is in control, even when things feel out of control.  I looked this verse up and what a sweet relief :)  My King cares for the birds, why would He forget about his beloved daughter??  He would not, does not, and will NEVER forget to take care of me.  I had peace flood through my heart after reading this.  He grabbed my hand through this verse and gently reminded me that He is in control and to cast all of my burdens on Him.  Simply beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment