Thursday, March 4, 2010

What is more important to you than God??

At my woman's Bible study this evening, this question was posed: "What is more important to you than God?  What is something, that if God took it away from you, that you don't think you could get over or forgive Him for?"  As this question was being asked, I was completely taken aback.  I had never really thought about it before.  There are certain things that would be really hard for me to give up; my dog being a very good example.  But what is the one thing in my life that is more important to me than God?  And why?  I am called to love my God with complete abandonment, but how often does that really happen?  How often am I really pouring myself, all of me, into the God that loves me so much?  All those questions make me really uncomfortable because I know my shortcomings and the struggles I face.  I use those, all too often, as a way to keep from giving my everything to my King.  I don't want to live that way; instead I want to live with abandonment and without reservation to love the Creator with all my heart; not putting my family, friends, or even my dog first.  I want to know, that if asked by the One, that I could walk away, not without great, great sadness, and reach out my hand to Him so He can lead me towards Beautiful.  


So my question for you, my friends, is, "What is more important to you than God?  What things in your life do you need to give to God?"  Remember what a mighty God we serve.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment