Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fear

Taken from the book "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge:
"The Evil One had a hand in all that has happened to you.  If he didn't arrange for the assault directly---and certainly human sin has a large enough role to play---then he made sure he drove the message of the wounds home into your heart.  He is the one who has dogged your heels with shame and self-doubt and accusation.  He is the one who offers the false comforters to you in order to deepen your bondage.  He is the one who has done these things in order to prevent your restoration.  For that is what he FEARS.  He FEARS who you are; what you are; what you might become.  He FEARS your beauty and your life-giving heart.
And so, dear heart, it is time for your restoration.  For there is One greater than your Enemy.  One who has sought you our from the beginning of time.  He has come to heal your broken heart and restore your feminine soul.  Let us turn now to him."


I want to be FEARED by my Enemy.  I want him to cower down every time I speak.  I want him to run in the other direction when I wake up in the morning.  I want him stand captivated by the beauty of my heart.  I want the Evil One to FEAR my restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment