Thursday, November 1, 2012

day one of thankfulness.

Day One of Thankfulness:

I am THANKFUL to be back in school, pursuing my dream to not only teach, but to love and care, and make a difference in the lives of children.  I did not get into this profession because I absolutely love the idea of children learning; granted, it's amazing to see that 'light bulb' moment. The real reason that I want to be a teacher is because it has chosen me.  It was decided a long time ago that my heart would yearn to show love to those that needed it in their most vulnerable times, but also in their most triumphant times as well.  It was decided a long time ago that I would want to show those who think they can't, that they can.  It was decided a long time ago that I wanted to make a difference, even if it was just to one person.  And then that's when I decided that I wanted to leave the world better than I left it.


Despite the long nights and bags under my eyes, not knowing if I'll actually see the light and giving up any and all fun, I am THANKFUL that I am back in school. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this. I'm so glad that you can remember to be thankful in the middle of the craziness and stress of school. It's hard sometimes... and I definitely needed that reminder this week. You're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete