Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Peru is quickly approaching.

I'm headed to Peru in less than a month!  I haven't been as excited as I thought I would be; I think the fact that it was months away it didn't make it seem realistic.  But now that I only have weeks left until I leave, the excitement that I was expecting is setting in.  God has been more than faithful to me, and shown His love for me and His Kingdom in enormous ways!!  I can't even imagine what He has in store me for; I know that I am going to walk away with so much more from this experience than anyone that I meet.  It's funny how a "missions" trip works; you go to serve others, show the love of Jesus, expecting that they will walk away with Eternity set in their hearts, but much of the time, the exact opposite happens.  In fact, the ones that go to show the love of Jesus, are actually the ones that get shown the love of a King in ways they never thought possible.  As much as I am looking forward to serving, I am, selfishly, looking forward to having His love revealed to me in deeper way.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment