Sunday, April 4, 2010

Long Overdue Blog.

This blog is long overdue.  I have failed to blog for the last 4 days as some of my faithful followers have made known to me, several times.  There has been a lot going on.  My grandma's funeral was on Thursday.  It was a very beautiful service; it defined her Christian faith in a lovely light.  Sad to say, I was not as close to her as I would of liked to be in her later life, but I never doubted that she loved the Lord.  She suffered from Alzheimer's, and robbed her of the ones that loved her.  I cannot tell you how relieved I am that she is not longer in pain, and her mind is perfectly restored.  She is reunited with a husband that that she waited until Eternity to meet again.  


During her eulogy, as my aunt gave an account of her life; there was a part that I never knew about my grandma, and what kind of woman she was.  My grandpa served in the military, and was to be stationed in the Philippines.  Just days before he was set to leave, my grandma took a train across the country to Washington, where my grandpa was, married him, watched him get shipped off, and returned home, to wait for him.  To wait for him for 4 years!  I cannot even fathom that.  It's hard enough for me to wait for my special someone for 3 weeks, and we get all of the benefits of technology.  The only thing my grandma had to hang on to was to wait for a letter.  She continued doing this until he returned safely 4 years later.  I cannot even imagine how much strength, courage, patience, and FAITH it took.  My grandma completely relied on the Lord to pull her though.  What an amazing test of faith.  My prayer is that I can have that kind of faith.  She left a beautiful legacy.  I sit here and wonder what people will say about me when I go Home.  I hope that people look back on my life, and first and foremost, see the love that I have for the Lord.  I could not think of a better compliment to my life.  


I have a lot of work to do...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but this is also a great story you learned of her! How amazing were relationships back then?! Such trust and faith in the Lord! Makes me feel selfish about my relationship since we have all this amazing technology and ability to get a hold of people far away! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete